101 Agape Ideas
Quick, easy, and inexpensive agape ideas .
. . from The Upper Room Discussion Group . . .
- Rainbow mechanical pencils: Write this down: Jesus
Loves You!" or "Jesus has signed your heart with his
- Lighters or matches and a candle: "You are the
light of the World!"
- Mending kits: "God fixes everything."
- Soap bubbles: "Let God's love
bubble over in you!"
- Jigsaw puzzle pieces either hot glued to a pin back
or a card (You can put a piece of magnet strip on the back of the card
for a fridge magnet.): "God put it all together for you." Or
"Puzzled? Talk to God." Or "Don't let Jesus be your
missing piece!" or "If life is a puzzle, turn to the
Lord." Or "Now I know in part, then I shall know fully. 1
- One-inch wooden disc with clothespin glued to front
and a piece of magnet tape on back of clothespin. Decorate disc with a
sticker or leave plain. "God can hold it all together!"
- Little notebooks or note pads. "Write this down:
Jesus Loves You!"
- Small calendars (wallet size are
good): "I am with you always. Jesus"
- Seed packages: "Grow in Christ."
- Life Savers: "Jesus is the real life
- Small rulers: "Measure your life in
Christ." Or "Jesus Rules!"
- Emory board or small piece of sand paper on a card:
"Jesus can smooth away all our rough edges!"
- Nail on a card. "Need an eternal fix? Try John
- Butterfly anything: "God changes things."
- Diaper pin: "God can change even the worst of
- Earth magnet or pins or erasers: "Jesus: Don't
leave earth without Him!"
- Maps or compasses: "Jesus is the way" or
"Lost? Talk to God" or "Need directions? Talk to the
Father." Or "Lost? Follow the Son."
- Magnifying glass: "See everything clearly with
Christ" or "Let your faith be magnified." Or "If
they dusted your Bible for fingerprints, would they find any fresh ones?
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm
- Small bars of soap: "God can make all things
- Dinosaur eggs (the little capsules that hatch a
dinosaur when soaked in hot water) or small plastic figures: Even when
God was dealing with these guys, He was thinking of You!
Card should include hatching directions if you use the capsules.
- Emergency rain ponchos: "When life gives you
rain, God gives you rainbows!"
- Safety pin with brightly colored beads on it:
"God will help you hold it all together."
- Yo-yos: "God will be there though all your ups
- Rock. Write "Jesus is the rock" and draw a
cross on the rock.
- Duct tape and nail. Put a small piece of duct tape on
a card. Then put a nail through the card as if you were pinning
something to it. On card write: "Men fix everything with duct tape.
God used his son."
- Penny hot glued to a card. "Jesus just makes
- Runts candies in a small bag. "The fruits of the
- Paper clip chain made of brightly colored paper clips
or several brightly colored paper clips hanging on an earring hoop:
- Foam heart glued to a card: "Give your heart to
Jesus." Or any heart verse.
- Candy conversation hearts: "These go in your
tummy. Put Jesus in your heart."
- Teddy bear stickers or very small (1/2 inch) teddy
bears or gummy bears. "God's love bears all."
- Erasers: "Jesus erased all your sins."
- Key chain: "Let Jesus be
the key to your life" or "Put God in the driver's seat."
- Shoe horns: "For a perfect fit every time, try
- Bookmarks with the Order of Reunion printed on them.
- Disposable razors: "God will get you out of even
the hairiest situations."
- Earplugs: "For all those times when noise is not
- Atomic fireballs: "Get fired up for
- Smiley face
anything: "Smile. God loves you."
- Small plastic or balsa wood planes or miniature
kites: "Fly high with Christ."
- Band aid on card: "Christ heals all."
- Small jars or pots made from Play Dough and hardened.
"Put yourself in the potter's hands."
- Finger traps: "Submit to Christ and be
free." You may want to explain on the card that the finger trap
will hold you as long as you struggle and pull.
- Hand held fans: cut a large heart from card stock or
other paper and tape this to a pencil. Print on heart before cutting and
taping: "Join the Jesus fan club."
- Golf tees taped to a card: "Jesus will always
fit your needs to a tee!"
- Airhead candy: "Don't be an airhead! Listen to
- Kool Aid
packages: "Let Jesus be the cool aid in
- Hershey kiss(es) on a card: "A good night kiss for you.
Sleep in peace as God watches over you" or "An honest answer
is like a kiss on the lips." Proverbs 24:26 or with 2 kisses
- A mint taped to a card: "Jesus is 'mint' for
- Small piece of sponge attached to a card: "Soak
up God's love."
- Gum, caramel, starburst candy, tootsie roll or other
chewy candy: "Choose Jesus" or "Choose this day whom you will serve." Joshua 2:4-15
- Now and Later candy:
"Jesus Now and Later."
- Q-tip taped to a card: "Open our ears, Lord. We
want to hear Jesus."
- Small plastic frogs: "FROG: Fully relying on
- Little fake wedding bands (wedding section of a craft
store): "You are the bride of Christ."
- Gold Fish crackers: "Come
follow me and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19
- Small back scratchers: "God always has a hand
- Skittles candies: "Taste the rainbow of God's
- Small bottles of drinking water: "Drink the
eternal water of life."
seltzers: "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, Oh,
what a relief Christ is!"
- Rolaids glued to a card that says: "Jesus spells
- Brightly colored toothpicks or a brightly colored
guitar pick attached to a card: "Pick Jesus."
- Equal package: "Nothing equals Jesus!"
- Picture of a cell phone. Photocopy picture on paper
and color with bright colors: "Call on God. Unlimited free anytime
- Small packages of tissues: "God will take your
tears and make an ocean."
- Gold wrapped chocolate coins: His love is more
precious than gold."
- Corks or fishing bobbers: God's love is unsinkable.
- Small match box-size cars: "Put God in the
- Individual Shout stain removers: "Shout to the
- Bit of Honey or fast food size honey package: Psalm
- Tea bag: "No teas-sing, Jesus Loves
- Cream Savers: You are the cream of the crop. Let
Jesus be your Life Savior.
- Empty brown paper lunch bag with a business-size card
inside. Card reads: "Feed my Sheep. John 21:17 — In
honor of your walk to Emmaus, a donation has been made to (a soup
kitchen, food pantry, lunch program, whatever you decide). Today,
because of your walk, some of his sheep have been fed."
- Glue stick: "Stick with Christ."
- Small cross, covered with glitter on a card:
"Shine Jesus Shine."
- Small pocket size mirrors: "Let Christ be reflected in you."
- Letter openers: "God opens up a whole new world
- Toy watches: "God has all the time in the world
for you." Or "Ecclesiastes 3:1"
- Nerd candies: "Only nerds don't love
Jesus!" or "Jesus even loves nerds."
- Small plastic or feather birds (floral section of
craft store): "Matthew 10:31"
- Toy paratroopers (party favors): "Let Jesus be your parachute."
- Small wedding or cowbells: "Ring out! The Lord
- Individually wrapped hand wipes: "Jesus makes
all things clean."
- Plastic weighted ducks (the type used in carnival
games): "Life with Christ is just ducky!"
- One-hundred dollar bill note pads: "In one
person's hands, just a few bills paid. In another person's hands, a
fortune to be made. A life in man's hands, just biology on earth. A life in Christ's hands, eternal re-birth." Or
"Christ has paid your debt in full!"
- Mini-frisbees or spinning
tops: "I may not always know where I'm going, but the one I'm
following does. ‘The Lord will guide you always.’ Isaiah 58:11"
- Whistle: "Whistle while you work Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as
working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23."
- Miniature clothes pins (doll house size) clipped to a
card that (ideally) has a graphic of something hanging on a clothes
line: "Hang your troubles on the Lord and He will sustain you.
- Thin rainbow ribbon tied to a paper clip and clipped
to a card. "Clip this to page 48 in your pilgrim's guide."
- Graphic of a grouchy looking or crying person
(ideally a cartoon-looking picture) on a small laminated card with a
piece of magnet tape on back. "It's a fact — No one crashes a pity
party. ‘I am greatly encouraged, in all our
troubles joy knows no bounds.’ 2 Corinthians 7:4"
- Recipe card with Bible cake recipe on
it on one side and "Live, Breathe, and Eat his word” printed on the
- Fishing bobber: "Don't let things pull you
down." Matthew 6:25-34
- WWJD bracelets or pins, PUSH bracelets or pins, FROG
bracelets or pins or brightly colored nylon bracelets. Tag these with
"Adorn yourself for Christ."
- Unsharpened pencils: "Without Christ, life is
- Milky Way candy bars: "He had a universe to choose
from, but God chose you."
- Pill bottle: outside label Rx from: The Great
physician/ Dosage: Daily or as needed Active Ingredient: Holy Spirit
/Refills: Unlimited/Amount due: Debt paid in full by Jesus Christ. Fill
the bottle with paper strips on which your
have printed a variety of Bible verses.
- Large fishing hook hot glued to a pin back (You may
want to use wire cutters to cutoff the barb. ).
Glue or dangle a fish on which you have printed Jesus from the point:
"I'm hooked on Jesus." Or "Be fishers of men."
- Small plastic babies (craft store, baby shower
section) glued to a strip of cardstock wider the baby. On card stock,
print "Born again." Glue card to a pin back.
- CD labeled to say: "Jesus Christ Eternity
free." Add graphics such as a dove or across. You can get these in
a variety of colors.
- Baseball trinkets: "No outs. All safe with
Christ" or "Hit a home run with Christ."
- Mustard seed glued to a piece
of cardstock: "A little faith goes a long way. Matthew 17:20.
Soap molds in shape of heart – tag “Create
in me a clean heart”
For the walk I am working
I've made wax heart molds out of old crayons. I melt them in a saucepan,
sitting in a bigger saucepan of boiling water. Then pour the mold, freeze for 5
minutes, take out, put a ribbon through it and attach the 'did not our
hearts...' verse to it.
Frog eraser —
"Leap for the Lord — Jesus has erased our sins."
— "May your life reflect God's love."
Salt packet like
get at fast food place and Christmas light bulb small — "Salt and
Balloon — "When
you feel deflated - God will always fill you up."
“Today you blossom
with the Lord's love" or “"Let God nourish you where you bloom and
grow" - With
a small flower pot with flowers. WalMart has some
tiny 1" or less flower pots in craft section — they are spring colors, 6
to a pack. Small width rainbow ribbon glued around top of
cleans the deep down dirty places we don't want to think about."
Foamy cut into
foot shape: "The mind of man plans; The Lord directs our feet."
Feather glued to a
card with this saying:
“I am an angel feather
Sent from God above.
To serve as a reminder
Of His most gracious love.”
Light switch plate
— plain old beige rectangular one. Write DeColores and paint rainbow on with
Clay pin —
You are the potter
We are clay in Your hands
Mold us and fashion us
into the image of Jesus your son."
follow Jesus — He knows the Way" Footprint cutouts on small card
Stick of gum:
"Chews Jesus — Jesus is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow.
Guitar pick —
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord."
- Create a crisis. (If you already have one, skip step 1)
- Write it down
- Open bag.
- Insert crisis.
- Close bag
- Let go and let God.
The Disciple General has
"taking things back"
is hazardous to your spiritual health.
"Jesus" fish shape keyring — on beaded
short chain. Have seen in Oriental Trading catalog.
A penny for your thoughts. Bought card and pressed penny. Penny has the 10 commandments
pressed on it. To see the wording on the penny, tilt the coin to the right.
Same principle applies with the 10 commandments — to understand each
Commandment, you need the light of the New Testament. ........
Living Waters Pubns. At (562) 920-8431
Bottle of bottled water. Yarn tied around neck. Several cards holdpunched
and tied to it:
"Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but
whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give
him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for
you, Oh God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42, NIV
"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. To him who is
thirsty, I will give to drink without cost from
the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:6 NIV
Candy airplane —
little different from one made by Dayspring
"Flying high with Jesus is —
Just ‘plane' good sense!"
candle. Strip of paper wrapped around and glued.
"Let your light so shine before men, that
they may see your good works and give
glory to your Father who is in Heaven.